Many people spend a great deal of time at work and yet they don't see how their work intersects with their faith. One of our passions is helping people realize that there isn't a divide between the sacred and secular parts of our lives and that working with our God-given skills can be an act of worship.
We might spend 2 hours of our week at the church building or in small group. This kind of worship is biblical and vital rhythm in the life of a Christian. But during the other 166 hours of our week, we have just as much potential to worship the God who created us. Our time at church and small group should launch us out into the world-which includes the marketplace-prepared to take the hope of Jesus with us.
In order to communicate a complete and biblical picture of work and faith, we've defined 8 tenants of the Work as Worship message that inform all the content in this series.
- God designed work before the fall.
- We are all called on mission.
- The church is the people. . . not the building.
- Work impacts our perspective of God.
- God uses work to impact communities.
- All of life can be worship.
- We don't work to earn God's favor.
- Work as worship but don't worship work.
You can access this valuable online training material by clicking on the "Work as Worship" graphic. You will need to use the username: email@example.com and password: jaybird1 to access materials.